This is a great way to clean your makeup brushes while disinfecting them at the same time! Try doing this at least once a month to be sure you’re beautifying your face with clean tools!
Want to print these directions?
Print step-by-step directions
• 1/2 cup warm water
• 1/4 cup distilled white vinegar
• 1 teaspoon dish soap
1• Combine water, vinegar and dish soap in an open-top container.
2• Place makeup brushes, one at a time, into mixture.
3• Swirl brush around in mixture, grazing across the bottom of the container as to clean the bristles.
4• Remove from mixture and rinse under warm running water.
*Note: If you still see “gross”/discolored water running from your brush, you may need to put that brush through another treatment. When you’re done going through the rest of your tools the first time, just make another batch and repeat the process.
5• Squeeze excess water from bristles, reshape and lie flat to air dry on a towel.
6• Allow at least 24 hours for the tools to completely dry before you need to use them again.
How do you keep your makeup brushes clean? Let me know in the comments below!
- The Beauty of Clean: Caring for your Makeup Brush (mariasprocleaners.wordpress.com)
- How to Make Your Makeup Brushes Last Longer (beautyhigh.com)
- Dirty Makeup Brushes? (fmdsblog.wordpress.com)
- How To Clean Your Makeup Brushes (keitochansays.com)
- When was the last time you washed your makeup brushes? (rachelstofflet.wordpress.com)
- How I Clean My Makeup Brushes (makeupbyvick.wordpress.com)